Sunday, July 7, 2013

Prone To Wander

One of my favorite hymns of all time, that isn't actually in the LDS Hymn book (I don't know why), is Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. I randomly found this song stuck in my head after church today. It was never mentioned or sang, but I suddenly couldn't stop thinking about it.
I especially love the third verse. It says,
"Oh to grace, how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be.
Let that grace now, like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, Oh take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."

Lately I've been doing a lot of wandering... and a lot of messing up. But today I knelt down in prayer for the first time in a while and it felt like the words of this song. I know I've made a lot of mistakes, but I'm going to keep trying to stay close to my Heavenly Father. I need more strength right now than ever before, and I'm grateful to know that "in his strength, I can do all things." (Alma 26:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment