Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Little Girl Grew Up Too Fast

So, sorry I dropped off the face of the blog world for two weeks.
A LOT has happened in that amount of time, especially this week, but the internet connection for our PC is broken, and blogging on my Nook is impossible.
Last week I was basically home alone all the time and I started to get a bit crazy. I had several arguments with family members when my family was actually home.

The next week got way crazier. I rode my bike over to the school every morning for roaring. I felt like a big girl because of my bike lock key that I carried on my keychain. I've never really consistently used keys before. Roading was super easy because I had a lot of practice with my Dad. The other girl in my car was an amateur, but she still did better on the test because I drove more like people drive in real life. Whoops.
On Tuesday night I had to babysit my niece and sleep on my sister and bro-in-law's squeaky bed. I slept kind of terribly that night. The next morning my new nephew, Samuel Paul, was born. I went and visited them in the hospital with my family. My mom took a picture of everyone holding Sam except me. I held him and I was there, but I guess Sam will never know because there's no picture! If he ever reads this... I promise I'm a supportive aunt!!! Yeah, but that's basically how I feel in my family 75% of the time. Out of place.
The next day, on Thursday, I passed my driving test and got my license. That was pretty exciting, but scary at the same time. I'm really pumped to start becoming more independent, but terrified to grow up.

This weekend I was pretty emotional about it all. I feel like my entire life has changed all at once. I was a little girl what seems like days ago, and suddenly I'm plugging a key into a car and taking off on my own. And it really is on my own. My sister is going to be too busy with two kids, and in a few weeks she's moving to Salt Lake City. She's my best friend and I don't know how I'll survive without her.

I have a hard enough time with one little bit of change. With change everywhere now... I'm frightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment