Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Certain Kind of Pain

I've had a headache for three days straight.
Last week I developed a stye in my eye (deja vu), and it soon reached the point when my right eye was hurting so much that it gave me a headache.
It hasn't gone away.
My eye feels pretty good after I've been medicating it for days, but the headache seems to have made itself comfortable in my poor throbbing head.

This has made all of my end-of-the-year projects and tests a huge struggle this week. Yesterday I was more worn out than ever. I couldn't do anything that involved thinking, even after taking an Ibuprofen. I slept on the couch for a while, was awakened by my brother's loud friends, and didn't feel any better (which is weird; usually a nap fixes everything).
Today wasn't much different. I plodded through my classes, and the only really brain-straining thing I did was write a poem called "Anxious Heart." Finally in B4 Digital Photo after a long day at school, the teacher was cramming information into our heads the entire class period in preparation for the test.
I looked at my reflection in my computer screen, and I've never seen such pain in my eyes. It wasn't how I see myself washing my make-up off after crying, it was more like the weight of the world. I SAW the pounding in my head shining through my face. It bounced from the image of me into my pupils and back into my throbbing brain. It was sharp, and it hurt. I looked away.

I wonder if there are people out there who feel that every time they look in the mirror. I can't even imagine that kind of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment